Thursday, October 9, 2008

"Tears may be dried up, but the heart - never." - Marguerite de Valois


Well, the Presidential Debate 08 at Belmont is finally finished. It is so odd to see the campus not being under security and to see all of the buildings being taken down. I honestly did not expect my volunteer experience to be as good and amazing as it was.
I was supposed to work Hosting Saturday, Monday I work with ABC, and then Tuesday I was supposed to stand outside and direct traffic, BUT I ran into Amy Coles (lady over the student volunteers) on Monday, and she grabbed me and told me that she had picked me to work the debate, and that I would get to actually go to the debate! I was soooo happy. I yelped, hugged her, and said I LOVE YOU.
The whole experience was amazing. I am so thankful for Amy and all of the others that made this Debate such an incredible experience. I not only got to see one of the most important and most watched Presidential Debates live, but I also met a ton of well known people. It was beyond fun, and it really made me care even more for the country and the influence I can have as a young adult.
When I was working the debate Tuesday night, I also met a ton of secret service men who were all so hilarious and nice. After the debate about 11 of them came out to Agave to hang out and have a few drinks! It was funny that they actually came, but it was also so much fun. Although I did not have any pictures with them at Agave that night, I did get some pictures with Mr. Koon and Miss Shuff:


So my overall fall break from school was actually quite amazing. I would have loved to have gone home, considering I get homesick here and there at times, but what I got to do and who I met, was a once in a lifetime experience. I'm very thankful for all of the opportunities that Belmont has given me as a student. When I think about it, Belmont involves their students in so many different aspects of life, and it's quite incredible.

This weekend one of my favorite people comes to Nashville, and I have to admit that I'm quite excited! Miss Clara:

Until next time, Ciao!

No comments: