Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Pick me up.

I haven't wrote an entry in a couple of days. Not because I did not want too, simply because my dad had to get wireless put back into our house. Anyways, that was somewhat pointless information.
-
This past week or so being home has honestly been amazing. Of course I knew it would be nice to come back home for a bit, but so many good/needed things have happened.
-
I spent a lot of time with my brother Cody, whom I hardly see because of the distance between us and he works quite a bit . Cody and I are a lot alike in many ways, but then we have our differences which at times can be challenging. Why? (you may ask) Because Cody and I both are very strong willed, first of all.. and second of all, we both stand by our opinions/ideas very strongly to the point were we can be a bit stubborn.. so sometimes we can clash. But I think our relationship as brother and sister most likely is the strongest it has been in a while. Which makes me very happy. I value strong relationships with people, and I strive to have those relationships, especially with family.
-
What else has made this past week amazing? The random night I spent with Megan and Brandon. Nothing really was going on in Mountain Home (not surprising) so Megan and I went to Brandon's to have a drink and take it easy. First of all, the three hours I spent there was filled with enjoyable tunes, which made it even better. But the best part of all was that we had this emotional, incredible, and unexplainable talk together. We honestly sat there for a good two hours or so talking about different aspects of life.. sad, happy, strange, difficult.. you name it.
-
Of course, I had a few tears fall, but they were "much needed/good tears". You know when you forget about things on purpose? You make yourself not think about them, and you shove them in the back of your head to rest because you just don't want to remember them. Well, that's what I did and by having this talk, those certain things were front row center in my head that night. They weren't horrible things. Just aspects of my life that hurt in someway or another. Well by thinking of those moments in my life, I was able to let out some of the build up inside. And having two wonderful friends next to me helped because they not only understood, but they had been through similar situations. So it was nice to reflect on things, talk about them, get a little emotional, and then afterwards realize how amazing our lives really are. We all especially spoke about how lucky and blessed we are to have the parents we have and to be living the life we have been given.
-
Although, we sometimes tend to dream of greater and bigger things in life that we want or wish we had, you must always look on the other side. What about the millions who have nothing compared to your life? What about the ones who will dream their whole life and never get the opportunity to makes those dreams come true? You must see the greatness of your life, and relish the moments spent with loved ones. Because in the end, you won't remember the materialistic things you have or recieved from others, you will remember the memories and love. That is why I feel so blessed everyday waking up to the life that is mine. I have so many memories and more to come, and I am loved and I love.
-
Then of course, Megan's birthday was Saturday night.. and that I will speak about in the next entry. I think I am going to call it a night and read, read, read. I love having breaks from school. So much time to enjoy doing random things. It's lovely.. Ciao.

No comments: