Thursday, December 4, 2008

Sometime, Someway, Somehow.


So here I am, about to write my final article for my Basic Newswriting class. As usual, I'm having a hard time starting it. I thought blogging might help me get into the writing mode. We'll see..
-
Moving to Nashville has been one of the smartest things I have done in my life. That may sound funny, but it is very true. First of all, I go to a school that I love. Even though I can sometimes disagree with certain aspects of the school, I know that it is only furthering me in my educational process. I go to a school that has so many networking connections. It really is amazing. Within the 4 months or so I have been going to Belmont, I have met so many people in the industry I would love to work in one day, and I have had and continue to have wonderful experiences that makes learning more interesting and fun. I also really believe that the school gives so much to their students. I know if I was trying to pursue such things at a major university or some different schools, I would not get the opportunities that I am recieving from Belmont. Some people don't see the importance of getting an education, and to be honest, that really does make me a bit angry. I have come to realize education is very important. No matter what kind of life you want, education is key. Also, I have had many people think that because I am now very dedicated to my education I don't have that much fun. That is not the case, at all. By being dedicated to my education, it in return makes me feel good and accomplished. Which in return, allows me to have fun. I feel like I am speaking in parent terms because of how I feel about education now, but I finally see what my parents were saying for years and years. And I am very blessed and thankful to have parents who allow me to do these things because not everyone is that lucky. I love learning as much as I can. I think it's not only a very interesting thing, but also, a beautiful thing.
-
Also, I am realizing that I can pursue other dreams I have in my life here in Nashville. Trust me, learning as much as I can is not my only dream. :) Sometimes it can be hard to know how to exactly go about making these dreams and goals come to life, but I am slowly learning the process with mine. I never want to be older in my life and wish I would have tried something I wanted to do. I don't want to have regrets. Although you can't always control your future, it doesn't hurt to try, right? But in the end, I believe things happen for a reason, and God knows what path is right for me. So when life doesn't go a certain way, when you don't win that special something, or when you lost all hope.. remember things happen for a reason, as hard as that can be to comprehend sometimes, they do. There is a plan for everyone, and as easy or as hard as it may turn out, it will be okay if you have faith and determination.
-
Sometimes when I am feeling down and selfish (yes, I can be selfish .. like every human can be), I try to think of others who haven't yet got the chance to follow their dreams, or I think of others who will never have the chance. It doesn't always make me feel better, but it helps to a certain extent. For example, at the end of January 2009 it will be two years since I've lost a good friend. She was only 16 years old. I remember sitting with her one night, and she told me every single dream she had. She told me how she was going to make them come true, and how she couldn't wait to do it. She was so determined that these dreams would happen, and that made me have confidence in her. But her life ended to soon, and she never had a chance to follow through with those dreams. I know if she was still here today that she would have one day accomplished those dreams. Although it makes me sad to know she never got the opportunity to do so, I realized that she loved and in return was loved. Which I think is the most important aspect of life.
-
"Love doesn't make the world go round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile. "
Franklin P. Jones

2 comments:

terrorismypride said...

"love" and "everything happens for a reason"

very good points..... i enjoyed reading what you wrote, put a smile on my face.

Mark Samuel Monroe said...

i love you so much.
its so true. thats why i work so hard a school because i dont want to take advantage of the dreams i want to accomplish. i miss shelby so much everyday. i can't believe its going to be two years since she passed.