Friday, October 31, 2008

"Shadows of a thousand years rise again unseen, Voices whisper in the trees, Tonight is Halloween!" - Dexter Kozen

YAY! It is one of my favorite holidays.. HALLOWEEN. I'm excited about tonight. It should be a lot of fun.. so many things are going on that I'm not to positive of what I'm doing yet, but I do know I am getting ready with Liz and Pernille (a new friend who is from Denmark!). So that should be fun..
Anyways, The Beatles will forever remain in my heart and be one of my favorite bands, but I must say that I have realized that my all time favorite band ever is The Band. It took a while to admit it to myself just because I feel like I'm being unrespectful to The Beatles, but now I have decided it's okay.
So I'm going to now share my The Band love:


Also, this past summer when I went back home to live before I moved to Nashville, my dad sat me down and watched this show on Tom Dowd. I didn't know who he was, but my dad assured me it would be worth my time to watch. After watching the show on him, I started to read about what all he has done and started to watch videos on him. He worked with some of the best musicians of all time in my opinion, one being Eric Clapton and Duane Allman of The Allman Brothers.

In this next video I have posted Tom Dowd explains the process of making the song, Layla - Eric Clapton, one of my favorite songs, and it is quite amazing.
So I'm also going to share my new founded love for Tom Dowd:
Also, I have a new found love for: Muddy Waters.
I remember driving in the car with my parents on random road trips, and my dad would always play either Freddie King or Muddy Waters, but now I have started to listen to more of Muddy Waters, and I haven't been able to stop.
So here is one of my favorite Muddy Water songs:

I must admit that I wish I lived during the time my parents did. Of course I respect and enjoy current musicians, but I am more interested in musicians from early years such as these. And I must thank my dad for influencing me in such ways. He has not only showed me amazing music and taught me some things about it, but he also is an incredible musician himself:


Okay, enough of me talking about music and how wonderful my dad is..

Happy Halloween everyone! Have a spooky and safe night!

Ciao.
Love you, LWM & MBM!

No comments: