Sunday, November 2, 2008

"All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

This weekend has been a very longgggg process, but overall it has been a lot of fun. I will post Halloween pictures tonight or tomorrow at some point.
Lastnight was perfect.. I made cupcakes, and I brought them over to Stephanie's. Colleen, Stephanie, and me watched Sex and the City episodes for quite some time, drank some tea, talked about feathers, and then we had the urge to go drive to Starbucks and get the signature hot chocolate.. which was a great idea. On our trip there and back we talked about some hilarious things, and then I asked Stephanie if she had a good book I could read.. and she gave me The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath.
Once I got home lastnight I started to read the book, and now I can't put it down. I am really enjoying it. Plus, I love Sylvia Plath's poetry so I was excited to read her book.
Well, today is beautiful .. and it makes me happy, but it makes me miss Arkansas and my family. I will get to see them all soon enough though, and I cannot wait.
Anyways, speaking of Sylvia Path and her poetry, I thought I would share one of my favorites:
Mad Girl's Love Song by Sylvia Plath

"I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead;
I lift my lids and all is born again.
(I think I made you up inside my head.)
The stars go waltzing out in blue and red,
And arbitrary blackness gallops in:
I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead.
I dreamed that you bewitched me into bed
And sung me moon-struck, kissed me quite insane.
(I think I made you up inside my head.)
God topples from the sky, hell's fires fade:
Exit seraphim and Satan's men:
I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead.
I fancied you'd return the way you said,
But I grow old and I forget your name.
(I think I made you up inside my head.)
I should have loved a thunderbird instead;
At least when spring comes they roar back again.
I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead.
(I think I made you up inside my head.)"

No comments: