Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Lets Talk.

I didn't title this post with a quote because honestly, I can't think of one right now that fits, and I can't find one that fits or that I like. So since I'm going to just kind of ramble in this entry, I figured I would name it "Lets Talk.". How creative, right?


My fingers hurt, my eyes burn, and my body is tired and sore. Why?

I have been typing forever it seems. I have been looking at a computer screen for probably about half of the day. And yesterday I worked out, and as I was walking out of the weight room to walk back to my apartment, I saw an empty basketball court with basketballs in it. I was so tempted. I haven't stepped onto a basketball court or held a basketball in probably a year or so. I called Pernille and told her to come meet me, and I dragged her onto the court. It was so much fun. I even did a linedrill just to remember the feeling of those years.


I miss those years sometimes. Not exactly the 'basketball years', but the 'younger years'. It comes and goes. What do I miss? Lots of things.
I MISS:

I miss the old friends I had who knew everything about me, and I mean everything. I miss those people like Samantha and Halee who could make me laugh for hours. I miss the car rides with my mom every morning and afternoon. I DON'T miss the math tutoring, but I do miss the Sonic treats my mom would always get me before. I miss the car rides with my dad to Harrison every week for AAU practice and listening to old tunes we both shared love for. I miss having dinner every night with my whole family - mom, dad, ree, cody, and zach.. oh, and Auggie under the table, never leaving any of us alone. I miss Sundays when Grandma and Timmy would always come over. I miss the easy school life called high school, goodness.. I can't believe I ever thought high school was hard. I miss waking up at 2am almost every morning, not being able to sleep, and my mom being awake as well. We'd sit on the couch, eat something, watch the cooking channel, and then she would tickle me. I miss Laurie Ann's hotdogs.. woah, A LOT. I miss my dad always randomly singing somewhere or grabbing mom, me, or Reeanna and making us dance if there was music.
BUT
I must say, I am very happy within my life right now. So yes, I might talk about home a lot, and how I miss my family so so much, but that is part of being away for quite some time. It's not that I'm homesick (maybe a bit, but it's not bad haha..) it's more so that I have this unconditional HUGE love for my family, and if I could have it my way.. I would be able to see them and hug them and talk to them in person, every single day. But I understand that is not possible so I'm okay with it.
Great and amazing things are happening within my life, and I could not be more excited. I am actually at a place where I enjoying learning, which makes me more dedicated and successful within my studies. By moving here it has also made me learn a couple of things about myself that I need to work on. So I'm in the process of doing so, and it may take some time but at least I now know what aspects of myself I want to change or want to strengthen.
I am who I am because of the people I love most.. my family, and I am where I am because of them, as well. I couldn't be more thankful for the family God has blessed me with. I am amazed how lucky I am.
Okay, with that being said.. it's now bedtime. I love you all who have been there throughout everything. Life is one blessing after the other because of you guys.

No comments: