Wednesday, March 4, 2009

I had this strange, uncomfortable feeling last night, and I was not able to sleep for quite some time. Earlier that night, I went to my friend's apartment for a bit, and I told him what I was thinking/feeling and why because I thought it might help, but thoughts were still running around in my head while I tried to drift into sleep. Then that wonderful, beautiful, kind hearted friend of mine sent me this in a text:

2 Corinthians 1:3

All praise to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. He is this source of every mercy and the God who comforts us. He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others. When others are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us.

Of course, this brought tears to my eyes once I read the text. But more so, it made me think about exactly what is was saying, at least to me. Only speaking for myself, although I do believe many people do this.. when I have a loved one, friend, or just someone who I feel needs guidance or help,I tend to ask God to help them. I pray and pray and pray, and ask God to give them strength and see them through such difficult times, but I never really have thought about asking God to give me strength to be able to comfort them.

Which to me, is necessary to ask God for because I do believe God works through people. I guess I always thought I would just pray for GOD to help them, but now it makes more sense to ask God to help me be able to comfort certain ones who are in a rough patch because most likely they will come to you for condolence. Also, loved ones depend on other loved ones, and I know it can be difficult to comfort someone when you don't know what to say, how to act, how to respond, etc.

I'm very glad my friend sent me this through a text because not only did it show me that my friend cared, but it made me realize what I should be saying to God in such situations.
I am so glad that God has blessed me with such beautiful and loving people in my life. It is a reminder everyday on how lucky I truly am. I love you all.

No comments: